Thursday, November 19, 2009

How come 3rd party cookies spring up after 1s party cookies? Do cookie makers buy the right from the1st party?

Nearly every time I access a major site, a bunch of third party cookies follow a bunch of first party cookies. My Malware detectors feel some of these third party cookies are really bad. I know how to prevent third party cookies from downloading and I know what they are. I just don't know how they show up behind first party cookies. For example, when I access a newspaper site, has some advertising company paid that newspaper to download third party cookies and then ships off the code to the newspaper so it can place them?

How come 3rd party cookies spring up after 1s party cookies? Do cookie makers buy the right from the1st party?
Some advertisers do have aggreements with some websites help them get around the "third party cookie" settings that web browsers employ.





You may want to set your browser to prompt you whenever a site tries to download a cookie onto your system. This may start to get tedious since everyone uses them


No comments:

Post a Comment